Sunday, March 22, 2009

Today I got up about 6, and left for the airport at 7am.

I was able to check in without any hassle (or fees) whatsoever, and I was almost shocked that it went so smoothly.

I had breakfast at the airport, and our flight was the definition of routine and hassle free. It was pretty refreshing to not have any delays, etc. We took off quickly and powerfully in our Spanair MD-87 and enjoyed a very quick flight down to Palma de Mallorca. The island is actually pretty big, with a huge mountain range on the north side of the island. The population of the island is about 800,000 I think, which makes it about twice as populous as Malta.

Once I got to my hotel, I laid down and was able to take a nice long nap. I dont think I needed one, but somehow it just happened.

My room is very nice, which is also refreshing for once.

I walked around a little bit, went down to the HRC to see where it was, etc. This island seems like a nice place. Very mediterranean obviously. The weather was fantastic today.

Unfortunately, after several weeks of traveling through europe, the novelty has worn off, and I am no longer impressed with everything that is "different" than it is in America. At this point I am ready to be home.

So work tomorrow, travel tuesday, work wednesday, fly home thursday. Almost done

1 comment:

Jillian said...

even closer to almost done. :)