Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I am in Bucharest!

I had an uneventful trip here, I am very glad that everything went smoothly and I didn't lose any luggage or miss any flights.

I got a few hrs of sleep on the flight to Amsterdam, but other than that I have been awake since 7am Tuesday morning, so I am fairly tired.

From the little I have seen so far, I think I can say fairly confidently that Bucharest will be the least interesting and my least favorite city I visit on this trip. It looks pretty much how I expected a large eastern European city to look. Not very impressive to say the least. But, I will try to get around and see some parts of it.

I had a fairly long cab ride from the airport due to traffic. My driver spoke almost no english, but we managed to find some common ground in "football", and talking about various cars here and there. The driving style over here is amazing. I haven't observed any road rules yet, at least ones that people follow. I enjoy it.

I had a great time with KLM on the way over. I really enjoyed the service, the planes, everything. So far the stereotype that International carriers are better than American carriers is holding up. I'll have a better guess about that when I fly Delta back home from Madrid in a few weeks.

So now the plan is to get some money from an ATM, find a cheap place to eat some dinner, and then crash. Hopefully I won't be too jetlagged tomorrow if I get enough sleep tonight.

- John

No comments: