Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cologne Day 3

Please click on the photos if you want to view them.

I should have updated the blog last night, but I was too busy catching up with the rest of the world. Oh well.

Yesterday we photographed various items of memorabilia at the hard rock. Guitars, clothing, etc. It is a lot of work, and a huge pain. I have all kinds of flashes and tripods and gear, and its all fragile. And of course, I have to use tables and chairs and ladders to get to high places, so needless to say, its not fun and it gets old. But, everything went very well from my perspective, so I felt pretty good about everything.

I didn't do anything extremely exciting yesterday. I walked around the cathedral some more, but the lift to the top was closed, so I couldn't go up there. I went back to the hard rock for a night shot, which I think should turn out alright despite some rain that threatened to interfere with me.

here is a photo I took on my way back to the hotel:


I stopped at a very german looking restaurant and had a delicious meal of curly kale with potatoes, a sausage with mustard, and some apple pie.

here is what the inside of the restaurant looked like:

This morning I slept in due to staying up late last night, and the fact that my flight left in the afternoon. I ended up sleeping till 10, and since it was raining, did not do any more sightseeing. by the time I had some food and packed it was time to leave for the airport.

I spent most of the time in the airport reading a book. My flight on TUIfly to Venice was nice and short, and flying over the Italian alps was very cool to see.

Once in Venice, I took a water taxi to the island. It took almost an hr because it was so slow and we made a few extra stops on our way around the island.

After checking into my hotel I found some food and met the people at the hrc, which is only a few hundred feet from my hotel. I am looking forward to exploring this extremely unique city.

Pictures will be taken tomorrow i hope.

John

3 comments:

Jameson Rehm said...

Don't fall in!!

I'm sorry that was just a horrible joke...

Jillian said...

The picture of the cobblestone street is great! I'm gonna add that to my "John's pictures I want to own" list.

You took a water taxi? taxi? or bus? Cuz the taxis are crazy expensive... you're living large!

AH! Seriously... the highlight of my day tomorrow is going to be seeing your pics and hearing your thoughts. I hope you love it!

scotthuck said...

Nice HDR .... fun following your travels!