Wednesday, September 9, 2009

NOTE: To view the full picture, click on it and it will expand.

The travel from Egypt to Venice was long and tiring.

I sat next to this girl on the 3.5 hr flight from Hurghada to Venice. Keep in mind this is 2am-6am. She watched Marley and Me. And seriously laughed THE ENTIRE TIME. Like a constant never ending laughing and sniggering. I could not sleep. Plus I was cold (?). To make matters worse, like a complete idiot, instead of just swallowing the sleeping pill like a normal person, I bit into it while it was in my mouth. It was extremely bitter, and made my mouth numb! So that was a huge mistake. Eventually I got some earplugs and tried to sleep, but I think the entire plane was awake. I mean, its 2am people, try to sleep.

Once I finally got to Venice I took a 3 hr nap. I can't remember what I did after that, but eventually I got some dinner, and went to bed early.

Today was work in the morning, which was more of a pain than it needed to be, but I guess that's not too bad considering all of the other cafes were very easy. This one is extremely small, so it worked out alright anyway.

I spent the better part of the day wandering around Venice. I feel like I know where I'm going in Venice well enough that I can just explore without getting too lost. It's not hard to find my way back to the hotel when I need to get there. I walked a little more slowly this time, stopped in a few churches, and a few art galleries as well. I took a few photos, which if they turn out any good, I will share.

I met a guy from New Zealand tonight while taking some photos, and we had a nice little conversation about photography and traveling. I meet quite a few photographers while traveling and we always manage to have nerdy conversations about the things that nobody else wants to talk with us about. It's refreshing.

The nice thing about Italy is that you can have food that you might normally have, even if it's unhealthy, because hey baby, it's Italian food. So i've had pizza, lasagna, and various other kinds of pasta. None of it has been anything special though, and very overpriced. Venice is not a cheap city. Plus the Euro is totally killing the Dollar :(

Tomorrow I will fly to Prague, where I will photograph one more cafe, and then meet up with Kat. I am very much looking forward to having someone to hang out with and explore with. This will probably be the last blog post, but I may post a few more pictures if I have time to get to them.

Here are a few from Venice:




1 comment:

Jillian said...

Wow. Such a beautiful city. :) I want to wander the streets too!!

Love the pic that say "no photo" right in it. HA!